Tuesday, April 03, 2007

just so you know...

"Blades of Glory" ROCKED my world!!!! Honestly, usually when I watch a Will Ferrell kind of movie (or anyone from "the laugh pack") such as "Anchorman," "Dodgeball," "40 Yr Old Virgin," etc etc, it takes me a few times of seeing the movie to really love it. I like it at first and then the jokes grow on me. This movie, however, made me almost piss my pants on the first viewing. My friends and I then spent the next few hours reminiscing about the great parts of the movie - which was every part.What was truly great was that there was absolutely no lag time. Even with the love interest, they kept the romantic parts to a minimum and brushed past them long enough to appease those people looking for a the guy to get the girl. Those people suck, but they do exist.Furthermore, this was an INCREDIBLY well cast film. I haven't liked one thing Jon Heder has done since "Napoleon Dynamite" (I think he only did 2 things since, but whatever) but I really did enjoy his performance. It must be hard to go up against Will Ferrell in anything, but he held his own. I adore Amy Poehler and Will Arnett so that rocked. Getting the guy who played Coach on that late 80's / early 90's show, "Coach," to play Coach in this movie was quite clever. And as for the love interest, Jenna Fischer, well...I dont care for her so much but they could have picked a much more annoying actress to play the part and I know that Jenna does have a big following since she's on "The Office" (which I do not watch and people hate me for it).
But my favorite actor in the film was by far, my man, Romany Malco - aka Conrad from "Weeds." I love him in everything I've seen him in (which so far only also includes "40 yr old Virgin") but seeing him in this film, not playing a big strong man but rather a gay choreographer, made my week. Thank you Romany. Thank you casting directors. Thank you "Blades of Glory."GO SEE IT!

ps: I wrote movie reviews for my college newspaper, so I obviously have a lot of credibility to decide which films you should or should not see.

1 Comments:

Blogger MK said...

haha, im sure college kids would love this movie!
it for sure took the stress of during my exams!
my dream: chicken being thrown into my mouth while on a trreadmill

10:59 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home